Sunday, February 2, 2014

Alright, Sandman, where the heck are you??

I would just like to point out that it is currently 12:04am and I am awake.
This is an injustice.
You would think that after having gone to bed at a very late hour last night (morning) and waking up early-ish this morning I would be granted the permission by my body to sleep right now.
Nope.
I lay in bed....thinking about the air so as not to think about the work I wasn't able to get done today....
and nothing.
Not even a hint of slumber on the edges of my consciousness.
Just a lot of wide open eyes.
Restless limbs.
A mind so tightly packed with thoughts, concerns, and general anxiety.
How is anyone supposed to sleep like that?

It's simple: they aren't.

So I get up, check off another thing in my planner, wish I was sleeping, and decide to write a blog about how annoying it is to not be able to sleep.
Sorry 'bout that, for whoever is reading this.
A girl can only read textbooks for so long before her eyes begin to cross.
It's an honest problem that needs to have some sort of remedy.
If there is one, I have yet to find it.
Dang it.

On a more exciting note....nope. I don't even think I can be exciting at this time of night.
Morning.
Whatever.
Have I mentioned how terrible it is that I am going to be a real adult soon? Because when I look at the calender and it tells me I only have four more months of school before I graduate, my mind is thoroughly blown. Seriously. An atomic bomb goes off in my head every time I think about how close my graduation date is without having any idea about where I will be, what I will be doing, and how the heck I'm going to pay for wherever it is I end up living. I'm pretty sure I will have an ulcer by the time May rolls around.
If these feelings are normal then I apologize to anyone younger than me for what you will have to go through eventually and really appreciate everyone older than me who has already lived this uncertainty.
Bravo to you. Truly.
Because I feel like a slug every time I think of what I am supposed to do with my life after college.
Or to put it more plain I feel like I might upchuck.
No big deal.

Right.
That was pleasant.
Hope y'all have been good.
I'm gonna go try to bore myself to death in order to fall asleep.
Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. Been there done that. When your're body says go to bed but you're mind is like noo I haves stuffs to do

    ReplyDelete