Monday, December 16, 2013

Sweater Weather (Which is also a song. Y'all should look it up).

The time of year has come upon me again. The time of year when all my finals are done, all the papers are written, and I have no academic responsibilities for a whole month.
Winter Break.
This is both a glorious and tedious time of year.
I mean no harm to my family members who will read this post.
I love you all and love coming home to see everyone and finally spend some time with all of you crazies, but after two and a half weeks I crave the company of someone my own age. Someone to go out and listen to music with me late at night who also has no obligations because...imagine that! They are on break, too.
And honestly, I have some great family that will go out with me and listen to music or shop around or grab a coffee and chat for a few hours, but there is something about the company of someone your own age that changes the scene a little bit.
Hopefully some of that makes sense.

Either way, the break has come and I have five weeks to do things I don't have a lot of time at school to do:
Read for fun.
Play my uke.
Play with the dogs.
Upgrade my phone.
Cook.
Eat.
Paint my nails.
Go to dives and honky tonks in Nashville and listen to music.
Bug musicians about when they are playing next (because I have an "in").
Terrorize my mother.
Do laundry without having to pay.
Shower for as long as the water stays hot.
Decorate the Christmas tree.
Make a mess because it drives my mom nuts.
Hang with my uncle and aunt when they doesn't have to work.
Bug my Babajo (grandmother) even though she is supposed to be working.
Take my camera out for a walk.
Search for 40mm film for my camera.
Blog about nonsense.
Think about illegally downloading music (because who actually does that and doesn't feel guilty for cheating the musicians out of their hard-earned cash?)
Draw.
Paint.
Watch movies.
Bake.
Play Little Horse, Big Horse with the fam.
Eat again.
Sleep (when my internal alarm lets me).
Go thrifting for sweaters. (Freaking love thrifting).
Visit my Papa in the hospital (just got a double knee replacement).
Make stupid lists.
Dance around the living room.
Surf the web.
Youtube.
Hulu.
Go slowly insane.

Yup.
That about covers it.
Great time of year.
Very productive.
*snickers*




1 comment: